I’m Alex Wills and I specialize in the complete digital experience for online brands.
Since I can remember, I’ve been interested in the customer experience. How effective are marketers at getting my attention, at targeting me. What I want is to create the perfect conditions for a business to have a thriving online community. I truly believe that if a business makes a good product/service AND engages with their customers the right way that more customers will follow. No BS, just honest and valuable communication.
My work is defined as analytic with a sprinkle of creativity. From creating Incubus promotions at a marketing agency to making soap Fight Club-style at a skin care company to nation branding the country of Australia at the Australian Embassy, I’ve worked in some incredibly niche industries!
What do I do?
- PPC/Adwords: I believe the first touchpoint for a business online is at the paid search level. Creating that initial awareness. I specialize in paid campaign strategy, keyword research, execution, and reporting and am the current lead of paid search at GoToMyApartment which specializes in real estate marketing. Google Partner/Adwords Certified.
- Facebook + Social Advertising: One of the biggest opportunities small brands have for reaching out to their first customers are through sophisticated social advertising platforms like Facebook Ads. I specialize in advertising platforms on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Facebook BluePrint Certified.
- Landing Pages: The key that links the websites to their paid search campaigns. I create a customized website that utilizes elements from the client’s website into an easy-to-track landing page that is used to advertise out and attract leads.
- Search Engine Optimization: The ability to recognize search ranking signals is how you can generate traffic organically for websites that come at no cost and pay dividends down the line. I am an SEO expert that specializes in website analytics, keyword research, on-site content management, competition analysis and off-site link building. Google Partner with experience in SEMRush, MozLocal, and reporting tools RavenTools.
- Email marketing is still the most ROI-friendly method of attracting sales but also a little benefit I like to call… “Hey we still exist!” – That’s huge and why I work hard to write, design/code and deploy email campaigns for clients. Experienced with MailChimp, ConstantContact, MobileStorm.
- Market strategy on branding, user experience (UX), e-commerce sales channels and digital media… Even some event marketing. Whether it’s a non-profit, a corporation or a start-up, I LOVE brainstorming and consulting some good old strategy with teams!
- Former Florida Gator Track & Field + Cross Country athlete – Former 4:11 miler and State Champion in the Mile (1600m) in Florida and could run a 5K in under 15 minutes.
- Worked in three different states and been to over 30 states and 10 countries
- NCAA Athletic Scholarship Recipient for the Florida Gators and SEC Honor Roll Recipient (who knew athletes went to class?)
- Hasn’t been sick in over seven years
- One of the top viewed LinkedIn profiles and over 1,000 Twitter followers
- Heads department at GoToMyApartment that currently manages over 100 paid Adwords and social accounts and over $80,000 in monthly billing.
- Part-time zombie extra and former participant on Fear Factor Orlando
“Alex is a people person in every aspect of the words. He is very honest, has a positive attitude, has long term goals he chases, helps others and is extremely self motivated. Most importantly, he had a “can do” personality which made it very easy for us to work with him.”
– Josh Ebrahemi, Vice President and Partner at Jack Nadel International
“Alex did an amazing job on my social media pages for my agency. He built up the pages to make them more attractive to my makeup clients and got TONS of attention towards my agency girls. My glam squad began getting inquiries into our services more than ever!”
-Jenny Karl, Founder & CEO of Jenny Karl Hair & Makeup Agency
“He’s the most driven athlete I have ever seen. My biggest problem has always been holding him back. He just never stops working.”
– Rene Plasencia, Former Track & Field and Cross Country Coach and Current State Representative in the state of Florida
“I worked closely with Alex, and I found him first and foremost to be clearly of above average intelligence. He is a good listener, and follows direction well. He asks good question, and easily builds rapport with everyone he interacts with. I would recommend him for a position with any organization that considers these traits valuable.”
– Matt Ferriolo, President at MedCentric Search Firm
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”” – Hunter S. Thompson